Saturday, February 4, 2012

Stuck on Repeat

I always tell people if you want to get refined, work in a nursing home. I do love my job, and am very blessed to have it.
It seems I have been working out my "pet peeves" lately, things that absolutely drive me insane.
We all have them, one of mine is repeating myself.

There is this resident, that I love dearly. She tends to get confused about her surroundings and comes to me asking the same series of questions. I'm sure she asks me the same question anywhere from ten times a day, to five times in five mins. But I absolutely love her.

And it makes me more and more thankful for my God. How many times I ask him the same question over and over. And He doesn't grow tired or weary.  He is always there wanting to point me to where I should be.

Where am I? Do you know where I'm supposed to go? Have you seen my family?
God.. Whats going on? Whats next?

Day in and day out giving the same directions. Guiding her to the same places, where she should be.



Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Isaiah 40:28

No comments:

Post a Comment